Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Stranger Vs Self

This post happens to be the result of my another tryst with Silence. Firstly I understood that silence can come visiting not only between two phases of a conversation but also when moments of the past seem to weigh heavily on you.

I came across the line 'To know where you stand in life measure how lonely you sleep in the night, not the crowd that surrounds you in the day' when I was talking to a friend of mine. Memory did the rest to bring forth memories of the past, moments which were long forgotten. This was an enough invitation for the consent of silence to come visit me. This meeting was rather pleasant one, if i describe it that way. It made me understand how life defined as collection of memories seems to enjoy a lonely existence.

Are dreams only a experiment of our imaginative creativities or the delicate realities of our thoughts. How I had to grow over looking from within my self to look from beyond self. To visit ourselves as a stranger needn't always be a pleasant experience. Moments arise and pass , days move out , nights move in creating that rift between the two beings within you. Its tough to understand that we need to rise above the conflict between the two and pull ourselves to be a stranger, to our own self to see the larger difference beyond the differences between the two beings within us.

Its tough to know whether we have the dare to seek the company of that stranger .. the only thing i can say is "Its definitely worth it".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True! Silence indeed makes us realize that memories are what we are left by and everything else is transient. For me, it would be an chance to understand my growth, my guilt, my relations and culmination of random thoughts.

Deepti.

Abhijith Jayanthi said...

@ Deepti..
Silence is an interesting customer.. it knows exactly what to look for at what store and steps in only when that precise thing isnt available or rather out of stock..